News & Updates
- Feb 15 HAS is back up and running for the Spring 2015 semester! We'll be meeting in Leverett's Light Court Seminar Room (which has a great HDTV) each Monday from 7:30-9:30pm. Hope to see you there!
- Jan 30 We'll likely be sending out a survey over the mailing list to figure out what times work best for everyone in the coming week. Make sure you're subscribed if you want in on the voting.
- Sep 22 HAS is now up and running! All of our showings this semester will be Mondays 7-9PM in Leverett House's Light Court Seminar Room. Hope to see you there!
- Sep 04 We're back. New year and new schedule format. Check us out at the activities fair!
- Jun 01 Have a great summer!
- Apr 23 Join the Harvard Anime Society in *Sever 104* this Friday (04/25) from7-9pm to watch one of Studio Ghibli's classics: *Only Yesterday*
- Jan 13 We're trying something new this semester- weekly meetings will be replaced by bi-weekly or monthly movie showings (during which I'll be sure to provide
pizza and stuff). I'll try and solicit recommendations for these from you guys. Stay tuned.
- Dec 08 We're having our last (unofficial) meeting this Sunday at at the SOCH, room 105, from 3-5. We'll be finishing off *Silver Spoon* (last 3 eps) and *Bakuman*(last 2), and then probably chat a little bit about plans for next semester, since we'll be changing things up quite a bit. Thanks for a great semester, and good luck with finals (and life in
- Oct 07 Our line up for shows this semester is as follows. On Thursday, we'll be watching Diabolik Brothers, Yozakura Quartet, Kyoukai no Kanata, and Kill la Kill, with 1-2 shows possibly getting swapped out with Samurai Flamenco and/or Strike the Blood depending on how things go in the first couple showings. On Sunday, we're watching Danganronpa (1st half of semester), Silver Spoon (2nd half of semester), and Bakuman.
- Oct 05 Thursday showings, where we'll be watching currently airing stuff, will be starting up this week! They'll take place in the Yard from 7:30-9:30, with the location currently TBD.
- Sep 17 Showtimes have been decided! We're meeting Thursdays from 7:30pm-9:30pm in the Yard (room TBD) and Sundays from 3pm-6pm in the SOCH (room P14). Our first showing of the fall semester will be this upcoming Sunday (9/22).
- Sep 04 It's the start of the new semester, so HAS is officially back up and running! This week we're going to be at the Activities Fair Friday from 4-7pm. After updating our mailing list, next week we will begin our official voting process for both showtimes and shows for the semester! The website and schedule will be updated the following week, and we hope to have our first meeting around the same time. Hope everyone had a great summer!
- May 14 Our showings are officially over now, but we will continue to meet each week until the end of May to continue watching currently airing shows. Have a great summer everyone!
- Apr 17 Our showing this weekend (Saturday 7-10) takes place during Visitas. As always, we encourage anyone interested to drop by and let any visiting prospective students interested in anime know about us!
- Apr 14 Yesterday's showing (Sat Apr 13th) Was moved to today, Sun Apr 14th.
- Apr 06 Tomorrow's showing (Sun Apr 7th) is canceled: Josh is sick and no one can cover.
- Apr 02 Our Tuesday showings will be changed to currently airing shows starting next week (or the week after if subs are slow). The new, currently airing shows will be: Attack on Titan, Flowers of Evil, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, and Karneval!
- Mar 18 Due to scheduling preferences and conflicts, most of our Saturday 7-10 showings have been moved to Sundays from 2-5. We also will changing our format to include currently airing shows as well as older ones. Stay tuned for more details!
- Mar 13 Due to Spring break, HAS will not have any showings for the next week or so. We'll be back to our usual schedule the week after next.
- Mar 07 Movie night this Friday is off, but there will be a group heading to see Wolf Children next Thursday at MIT at 7. Send us an e-mail if interested.
- Feb 21 Heads up - we've been moved to 105 instead of P14 for this Saturday.
- Feb 13 Starting next week (Feb 19th), all Tuesday showings will be in Sever 107 in the yard. Hopefully this will be easier for people who don't want to trudge up to the quad.
- Feb 11 The make-up Saturday showing is tentatively scheduled for President's Day, Monday, February 18th, from 7-10pm. E-mail us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Feb 09 Tonight's showing (Sat Feb 9th) has been canceled: too many people couldn't make it due to the snow. We're not sure yet if we're going to push the Saturday showings back a week or schedule a rain date. Stay tuned.
- Feb 04 The showing schedule is now up! We'll be watching Spice and Wolf and Kino/Natsume on Tuesday, and Nobuna/Horizon, Trigun, and Helling Ultimate on Saturday. There are also a couple Friday movie nights thrown in throughout the semester.
- Jan 24th We decided to nix Psycho-Pass (the lowest-scoring series in the poll) since the schedule was looking a little crowded.
- Dec 08 Votes are in! Next semester we'll be watching Spice and Wolf (I and II), Psycho-Pass, Natsume's Book of Friends (season 1), The Ambition of Oda Nobuna, Kino's Journey, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (season I), Trigun, and Hellsing Ultimate. We'll work out logistics in a couple weeks.
- Nov 28 Since the semester's wrapping up, we're once again taking suggestions for shows to watch when we reconvene next semester. See the links in the announcement e-mail, or just send us an e-mail at the address listed above.
- Nov 13 We got a location in the Yard for 'Arrietty', so the official time and place is Sever 103 from 7-9pm.
- Nov 10 We'll be screening Studio Ghibli's "The Secret World of Arrietty" next Friday (Nov. 16th). Exact time and place soon TBA.
- Nov 06 Totally forgot tonight's showing coincided with the Presidential Election, and so it's canceled. It'll be held next Tuesday instead. Apologies!
- Oct 21 The joint HAS/HCCC storyboarding workshop went well - hope everyone who came by had a good time!
- Oct 15We're teaming up with the Harvard College Comics Club for a joint workshop about storyboarding this Saturday. Check out the events page for more info.
- Oct 13 Thanks to everyone for coming to our Satoshi Kon movie nights! Hopefully we'll have more cool events with HRSFA in the future.
- Oct 08 The location for the screening of Kon's 'Millennium Actress' has been finalized - it will take place in the Eliot Golden Arm rather than our usual room in the SOCH.
- Oct 02 We'll be holding two movie nights on Oct 9th and 13th in memory of Satoshi Kon. These will be in place of the normal showings. Check out the events page for more info.
- Oct 02 Minor updates to the Saturday schedule to spread out the shows a little more evenly and fit in the second Satoshi Kon movie.
- Sep 24 We've cleared up the mailing lists. Starting today we'll be using "list" for official announcements, and "social" for things informally club or anime-related. We'll keep sending announcements to both lists for around a week or so though.
- Sep 23 SHOWING TONIGHT, SUNDAY SEPT 23rd. Last night's showing had technical difficulties, so it's been moved to tonight. We don't have P14 reserved, but the chances of someone being in there are low, so we'll try anyway.
- Sep 17 We forgot about one of the Kara no Kyoukai movies, and so we've adjusted the Saturday-slot-A's schedule to fit it in.
- Sep 08 Welcome any new folks who found us at the fair!
- Sep 07 We'll be at the Activities Fair today, table 513. Hit us up!
- Sep 06 New year underway, new weekly showing format. Check out the About and Schedule pages for more info.
Harvard Anime Society is an officially recognized student-run organization at Harvard College. The Harvard College name and/or shield are trademarks of the President and
Fellows of Harvard College and are used by permission of Harvard University.