Hey fellow activists!!
Do you want to push Harvard to become more environmentally friendly?
Do you want more water bottle filling stations around campus so you can refill your bottles?
Do you want to help Harvard cut down on waste and the use of fossil fuels?
Then SIGN OUR PETITION asking Harvard to a) stop selling single-use plastic water bottles and b) make the tap water more accessible!
Some facts on why making the switch from bottled water to tap water is a good idea:
- Bottled water costs more than 1,900 times the cost of tap water
- Tap water has to adhere to strict safety standards throughout the US–bottled water does not
- Bottled water wastes water–according to the Pacific Institute, it takes 3 liters of water to produce 1 liter of bottled water
- Bottling water produced more than 2.5 million tons of CO2 in 2006
- 17 million barrels of oil are used yearly to produce water bottles
- Cambridge’s tap water is some of the cleanest in the nation according to the US EPA and Cambridge DPW