The document which precedes and grants the Board’s authority is the Constitution of the Harvard College Environmental Action Committee. You can read the full document here.
The Board, Spring 2012
Danny Wilson ’14
- The Chair is one-half of the EAC’s executive, with the Ottoman making up the other half. The Chair is responsible for the general oversight of the group, and is the public figurehead of the group.
Kristen Wraith ’14
- The Ottoman is the co-equal executive charged with the internal organization and maintenance of the club. Due to the EAC’s staggered electoral system, a new Ottoman is elected at each biannual election, and the old Ottoman ‘graduates’ to the position of Chair.
Alex Krolewski ’15
- The Secretary handles the group’s administrative details, taking notes at all meeting, notifying members about meetings, and keeping track of minutes and agendas.
Chloe Maxim ’15
- The Treasurer oversees the group’s finances, is in charge of grant applications, and authorizes financial outlays.
Alli Welton ’15
- The Outreach chair facilitates the EAC’s work with other student groups, student government organs, environmental advocacy groups both on and off campus, and Harvard’s administration.
- The Events chair is responsible for planning and executing the EAC’s events, including speaking engagements, forums, and action days.
Talia Fox ’13
- The Communications chair is responsible for preserving the EAC’s environmental advocacy message through the media and advertisement. Also for defeating enemies with a deadly combination of strength and cunning.
Rina Kuusipalo ’14
- The Policy chair is charged with developing the intellectual and political framework behind the EAC’s environmental advocacy by research and investigation.
Mary Griffen ’13
- The Social chair handles the EAC’s social events and trips, and is responsible for new member recruitment.
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE CHAIR
- The Environmental Justice Chair promotes and facilitates work and activities concerned with the overlap between social justice and environmental issues.
EARTH DAY CO-CHAIRS
Katherine Kulik ’15
Special Election in Fall To Determine 2nd Co-Chair
- Come one, come all! The EAC’s annual Earth Day celebration is coming to Harvard’s campus this April! Whether you’re in charge of a student group that would like to be present, you want to sing your heart out on stage, or you just love t-shirts with environmental puns, find out how to get involved by coming to an EAC board meeting or contacting our chairs. There’s much to do before pre-frosh weekend!
Sachi Oshima ’13
Serena Zhao ‘12
John Beatty ‘11
Jackson Salovaara ’11
Gracie Brown ’11
Katie Walter ’10
Karen McKinnon ’10
Zach Arnold ’10
Spring Greeney ’09
Amy Heinzerling ’08
Mitch Hunter ’08
Henry Cowles ’08
Faon O’Connor ’08
- Former Chairs sit in an ex officio position on the board as Historians to retain institutional memory and to continue to help guide the EAC in its long-term efforts.