to the website of the Student Labor Action Movement.
SLAM is an alliance of Harvard students, workers, and activists organized in support of workers' rights and a more equitable Harvard community.
We meet every Monday at 8 p.m in the Phillips Brooks House
"I have always been a lover of knowledge. I love to learn... Knowledge allows you to better reason with people or sympathize with people when they’re going through different things."
Larry, Mail Room
"Let the bosses worry about their money. That's all they understand. We have fraternity."
"My father was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. They named a square after him in my hometown... I’m from a town named Chelsea."
Juan, Dish Washer
"And me, I didn’t step on anybody’s toes as far as I know. I just did my job. I didn’t do anything wrong. All I wish is that I didn’t ever get hurt."
On the eve of contract negotiations across the board, SLAM stands with workers in demanding sustainable labor practices at Harvard.
What makes a job sustainable?
A living wage, opportunities for full-time work, and a healthy work environment. See our demands.
How can Harvard become more sustainable?
See the FAQ for more information on our campaign.
- new link! RT @thecrimson BREAKING: Harvard Will Not Reinvest in HEI Hotels & Resorts | News | The Harvard Cr.. http://t.co/qWnVVaVx — 1 year 49 weeks ago
- YES!!! RT @thecrimson BREAKING: Harvard Will Not Reinvest in HEI Hotels & Resorts | News | The Harvard Cr.. http://t.co/8Ziv6H6R — 1 year 49 weeks ago
- @HUCTW SLAM members handed out 100+ copies of the HUCTW open letter at the speakout yesterday! #hlth — 1 year 50 weeks ago
- @HUCTW @occupy_harvard #hlth RT @thecrimson Protesters Speak Out Against Layoffs | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/SQQOuD88 — 1 year 50 weeks ago
- RT @thecrimson Harvard Students Rally on Behalf of Trayvon Martin | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/oGIGzTbV — 1 year 50 weeks ago