to the website of the Student Labor Action Movement.
SLAM is an alliance of Harvard students, workers, and activists organized in support of workers' rights and a more equitable Harvard community.
We meet every Monday at 8 p.m in the Phillips Brooks House
"I have always been a lover of knowledge. I love to learn... Knowledge allows you to better reason with people or sympathize with people when they’re going through different things."
Larry, Mail Room
"Let the bosses worry about their money. That's all they understand. We have fraternity."
"My father was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. They named a square after him in my hometown... I’m from a town named Chelsea."
Juan, Dish Washer
"And me, I didn’t step on anybody’s toes as far as I know. I just did my job. I didn’t do anything wrong. All I wish is that I didn’t ever get hurt."
On the eve of contract negotiations across the board, SLAM stands with workers in demanding sustainable labor practices at Harvard.
What makes a job sustainable?
A living wage, opportunities for full-time work, and a healthy work environment. See our demands.
How can Harvard become more sustainable?
See the FAQ for more information on our campaign.
- RT @thecrimson Harvard Club of Boston Settles Lawsuit for $4 Million | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/FCr4vZpN — 1 year 23 weeks ago
- Finally, rally against the layoffs of 3 HUCTW members in University Financial Services : 5pm Monday, Holyoke Center! Busy week for SLAM... — 1 year 23 weeks ago
- Before postermaking, hear from Quebec anti-tuition-hike striker, Guillaume Legault! Wed 7pm Emerson 108 http://t.co/ln4H46Ux @neilpeterman — 1 year 23 weeks ago
- Also, postermaking for HUCTW solidarity action the night before (Wednesday) 8.30pm in PBH! — 1 year 23 weeks ago
- Come support HUCTW members in their fight for a fair contract! 12:30 - 1pm, Thursday, Holyoke Center, 1350 Mass Ave! http://t.co/rwP09j3Q — 1 year 23 weeks ago