to the website of the Student Labor Action Movement.
SLAM is an alliance of Harvard students, workers, and activists organized in support of workers' rights and a more equitable Harvard community.
We meet every Monday at 8 p.m in the Phillips Brooks House
"I have always been a lover of knowledge. I love to learn... Knowledge allows you to better reason with people or sympathize with people when they’re going through different things."
Larry, Mail Room
"Let the bosses worry about their money. That's all they understand. We have fraternity."
"My father was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. They named a square after him in my hometown... I’m from a town named Chelsea."
Juan, Dish Washer
"And me, I didn’t step on anybody’s toes as far as I know. I just did my job. I didn’t do anything wrong. All I wish is that I didn’t ever get hurt."
On the eve of contract negotiations across the board, SLAM stands with workers in demanding sustainable labor practices at Harvard.
What makes a job sustainable?
A living wage, opportunities for full-time work, and a healthy work environment. See our demands.
How can Harvard become more sustainable?
See the FAQ for more information on our campaign.
- Still Waiting, Union Pens Letters to Top Deans | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/I6LsUVl1 — 1 year 25 weeks ago
- RT @thecrimson Union Negotiations Continue, Now Under Mediation | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/lzUw708b — 1 year 32 weeks ago
- @occupy_harvard join us: boycott rally in front of Hyatt Regency Boston this Thursday from 4-6PM! #hyatthurts http://t.co/QuOVvU9U — 1 year 32 weeks ago
- Why does Obama no longer trust #PennyPritzker? Apparently #hyatthurts Democrats, too. http://t.co/a0WmYhuv @UNITEHEREUnion — 1 year 32 weeks ago
- Hyatt Hotels in Boston and Cambridge treat their housekeepers worse than any other hotel chain. http://t.co/QuOVvU9U #hyatthurts — 1 year 32 weeks ago