to the website of the Student Labor Action Movement.
SLAM is an alliance of Harvard students, workers, and activists organized in support of workers' rights and a more equitable Harvard community.
We meet every Monday at 8 p.m in the Phillips Brooks House
"I have always been a lover of knowledge. I love to learn... Knowledge allows you to better reason with people or sympathize with people when they’re going through different things."
Larry, Mail Room
"Let the bosses worry about their money. That's all they understand. We have fraternity."
"My father was in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. They named a square after him in my hometown... I’m from a town named Chelsea."
Juan, Dish Washer
"And me, I didn’t step on anybody’s toes as far as I know. I just did my job. I didn’t do anything wrong. All I wish is that I didn’t ever get hurt."
On the eve of contract negotiations across the board, SLAM stands with workers in demanding sustainable labor practices at Harvard.
What makes a job sustainable?
A living wage, opportunities for full-time work, and a healthy work environment. See our demands.
How can Harvard become more sustainable?
See the FAQ for more information on our campaign.
- @HarvardsMoney has already gotten 400+ donors to withhold $10k from #harvard until it agrees to #SRI - http://t.co/zcDKcx4a to join — 1 year 25 weeks ago
- @TheOnion Goldman Sachs Hires Single Morally Decent Human Being To Work In Separate, Enclosed Cubicle http://t.co/0v1n0BK8 — 1 year 25 weeks ago
- RT @thecrimson Report Details Alleged COI in Mass. Universities | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/Q0uraoXA — 1 year 31 weeks ago
- RT @thecrimson Harvard's Exploitation of Labor | Opinion | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/oNI7Xxk8 — 1 year 32 weeks ago
- RT @thecrimson Future of Harvard Libraries Uncertain | News | The Harvard Crimson http://t.co/Jl2xa7kC — 1 year 33 weeks ago