Disbanded for now.
The Harvard Bridge Club is a student-run organization at Harvard College. We have a small but growing membership and welcome players of all skill levels to join us.Schedule
This club was disbanded in May 2011. However, the bridge-list is still active. Feel free to use it to contact fellow bridge players.
Harvard came in third in the North American Collegiate Bridge Championship Final at the Summer 2008 NABC in Las Vegas. The team was Sam Lichtenstein, Connie Chao, Reid Barton, and David Roe. The winning team was Caltech, and Princeton came in second.Contact Info Current Officers
|Past President:||Leora Pearson|
|Past Vice President:||Eric Newcomer|
- 2-over-1 Bidding System - Harvard Standard is a variant of this.
- American Contract Bridge League - main bridge organization in the US.
- Bridge Base Online (BBO) software application - practice making bids with past tournament hands, for which prospective bids were ranked by some sort of committee
- Bridge Clues - site at which Mike Lawrence has a tutorial with two daily problems
Bridgeguys.com - has a wonderful online dictionary of bridge terminology.
Some conventions incorporated into Harvard Standard:
- Basic Guidelines
- Weak Two Bids
- Artificial Two Clubs (22+ HCP)
- Jacoby Transfers
- Roman Key Card Blackwood (3014)
- Harvard Standard v1.0.pdf - the standard system we try to teach all newcomers (still in progress)
- MIT Draper Lab bridge club