| || |
Welcome to the Harvard Graduate Christian Community (HGCC) homepage! We serve students at a number of Harvard graduate schools: Arts and Sciences (GSAS), Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS), Education (GSE), Design (GSD), Divinity (HDS), and more.
We are a community of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty who challenge each other to submit our lives to Jesus Christ. His message changes all aspects of our lives - spiritual, intellectual, and relational. We therefore seek to unite our faith and scholarship through prayer, worship, study of scripture, discussion, and more. We welcome those who do not come as Christians to join us in exploring who Jesus really is.
The HGCC is a university-recognized student organization supported by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and affiliated with the Harvard chaplains. We receive partial funding support from the Graduate Student Council
Announcements: (last updated 11 Nov 2013)
Welcome new and returning students / scholars!
The email list is our main method of communication within the community, and it's the best way to stay up-to-date on what's happening. There are two email lists - a moderated one for official fellowship activities and a second, open list where members are encouraged to post about anything of interest to the community - please sign up for both! Stay tuned to the email list for announcements about activities as we start the 2013-2014 academic year.
We encourage those new to campus to be connected to a local church. We have compiled a list of local churches, along with contact information for hosts at each church who would be delighted at the chance to introduce you to their community.
Highlights of Upcoming Activities:
- Take a look at an abbreviated schedule but make sure to sign up for our email list to receive announcements with more details. The email list (and not the online schedule) is the main way we stay connected within the community about upcoming activities!
- The Veritas Forum will be taking place the evening of Friday 15 November and we will be meeting for a dinner discussion beforehand at 6pm in the second floor Common Room at Dudley House
- Various smaller groups of people are meeting regularly around campus during the week (list) and we also have a Google Calendar here
- Veritas Forum talks are now online. Listen to them and other worthwhile talks here. A more recent recording of a Forum with Vinoth Ramachandra and Diana Eck can be found here
- Did you miss the Following Christ conference? Do you want to listen to one of the talks again? Check them out here!
To learn more about our shield and the meaning of the logo "Veritas," click here.
Sponsored in part by the Graduate Student Council.
Top photograph of the Veritas Shield on Memorial Hall of Harvard University by Hector Velazquez.