now browsing by category
While project evaluation is crucial for any development project, there is still much controversy over how it should be conducted. Panelists will discuss what kinds of metrics are used in the field today, how “success” is determined, and what challenges arise in determining success.
* * *
THURSDAY APRIL 29th
Pizza and Mike’s Pastries will be provided!
- Steven Bloomfield: Executive Director, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
- John Hammock: Associate Professor of Public Policy at Tufts; Former President of Oxfam America; Former Director of ACCION International
- Salmaan Keshavjee: Chair of the WHO Green Light Committee; Assistant Professor at the Harvard Medical School; Physician at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Clifford Lo: Director of the Harvard Human Nutrition Program; Medical Education Coordinator of the Harvard Medical School Division of Nutrition
- Marc Shotland: Director of Training and Senior Research Manager at the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab
- Andrew Thorne-Lyman: Former Programme Advisor to the United Nations World Food Programme
Harvard Project for Sustainable Development
Sunday, 2pm, Lamont Forum Room
HPSD is a student group dedicated to fighting poverty and injustice in the world through long-term partnerships with communities in developing countries. We are dedicated not only to discussing development issues, but also to taking action and effecting change, one community at a time.
We have built partnerships in Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Uganda, and Tanzania. On campus, we host forums, workshops, and field work training sessions on development issues. Past guests have included Jeffrey Sachs, Michael Chu, Jim Kim, Howard Zucker, and many other development experts and grassroots workers.
At our weekly meetings, we hold rigorous discussions on topics related to sustainable development. This week, the DRwaterteam, having just returned from the Dominican Republic, will present a case study of their recent water chlorination and health project. They installed chlorine dispensers in the community of Las Mercedes and conducted a series of water tests and a health survey. Come find out about their experience and discuss the project with them.
Questions? Interested but can’t make the first meeting? Email Kristen Calandrelli (email@example.com) or Devin Worster (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
The HPSD Executive Board